Tuesday 26 April 2011

Style inspiration - Princess Grace Wedding Dress

As the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton approaches, I felt the need to express my all-time favourite wedding gown worn by the most beautiful women of all time (in my eyes) Princess Grace Kelly, I am a huge fan of Princess Grace, over the years I have adored Grace’s elegance and beauty in photographs online and in books. On Grace’s wedding to the Prince of Monaco in 1956 she looked for me the most spectacular bride I have ever seen (apart from my mum on her wedding day of course.)

I have often told people that when I eventually get married- when exactly I have no idea…? I want my “look” to be based on Princess Graces, not so much in taking the look and stealing it, but creating a dress that doesn’t swamp my frame by being to bold and “ In your face” the dress has to have a delicate beauty, charm and elegance that subtly overshadows all glitz and glam. Graces dress was designed by MGM’s costume designer Helen Rose created by using twenty –five yards of silk taffeta, and one hundred yards of silk net, rose point lace was used from a museum and tiny pearls were hand sewn into her veil.

Graces Wedding gown was the most expensive design that Helen Rose ever created, the dress was designed by MGM’s costume designer Helen Rose created by using twenty –five yards of silk taffeta, and one hundred yards of silk net, rose point lace was used from a museum and tiny pearls were hand sewn into her veil. She felt Graces dress should be “…Simple but elegant, feminine, ladylike but not necessarily regal, It should not over power Graces beauty…” These words could not be more accurate to the dress produced. The goal was exceeded expectations and Grace headed top of the style lists then, now and forever more.






Here are some of my favourite wedding dresses of all time, feel free to advice on your favourites, as I would love to know!

Audrey Hepburn married actor Mel Ferrer in September 1954, She wore a typically full-skirted Fifties ballerina-length style by Pierre Balmain with roses in her hair.



Sophia Bush wore a strapless Vera Wang gown with a fitted bodice and ballgown skirt

murray-bush022-1

Giorgio Armani created a fitted off-the-shoulder gown for Katie The dress was made of Valenciennes lace and had Swarovski beaded crystal embroidery.



katie-holmes-wedding-dress-

Elizabeth Taylor wore she wore a stunning white satin creation by famed MGM studio designer Helen Rose.



I cannot wait for the wedding of William and Kate on Friday 29th April!

xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were spot on with the Princess Grace look!Something extra special!!